NEW State of California Emergency Plan & Emergency Support Functions
Find out more about the 2017 State of Emergency Plan!
On October 1, 2017, Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. promulgated the 2017 edition of the State of California Emergency Plan (SEP). The SEP describes how response to natural or human-caused emergencies occurs in California. The plan is a requirement of the California Emergency Services Act (ESA), and describes:
- Methods for conducting emergency operations;
- The process for rendering mutual aid;
- Emergency services of government agencies;
- How resources are mobilized;
- How the public is informed;
- How continuity of government is maintained during an emergency;
- Hazard Mitigation (actions to reduce risk); and
- Preparedness and Recovery from disaster.
Click HERE to know more!